To solve this problem, Mr Henry signed up for the onecast service on smsdam.com . Having a tight schedule and not having the time to get on the internet to send the messages via the website . Onecast not only presented him with faster and more convenient correspondences with members of the committee but also redefined the whole concept of bulk text messaging.
Now all he does is send a message to the ONECAST LONG / SHORT CODE after typing the group name e.g. cof ( committee of friends ) or fbc ( foot ball club ) then the message . After clicking send, it gets delivered to the group in seconds , he gets a feedback confirming a successful broadcast and a statement of his account balance from smsdam.com. Each sms costing N30.
Onecast identifies incoming messages as long as they come from the mobile phone that was originally used to sign up and activate the account on smsdam.com
So after weeks of onecasting he logs back into his account on the site, creates more groups , updates existing ones with more mobile contacts and does a fresh account recharge to sustain communication for another few weeks.
To use the service you need an smsdam account, If you don’t have an account on smsdam click
here sign up is free.
- If you already have an smsdam account simply log in look for the blue onecast icon ,click on and select the CREATE ONECAST GROUP button at the top of the page.
- If you choose method 1 , create your onecast group contacts on a notepad file, delimited either with commas , enterkeys or semicolons.
- If you choose method 2 type in mobile contacts directly in the text box provided separated with commas.
- Type in a sender ID for this group .
- Type in group name having three characters maximum.
- Click Create Onecast Group.
- You get redirected to the Manage onecast group page where all your groups are listed and can be edited at any time by clicking on the number of contacts within the group.
- Keep your group names in mind so as to keep in touch via onecast any time.